Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within seven days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Mr J M Warbey, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who act for you.
- Mr Warbey will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Mr Warbey will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Mr Warbey will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If we do not hear from you within 8 weeks of the date of the Final Response Letter, we will consider your complaint closed.
- If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman at P O Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WG or by telephone on 0300 555 0333 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to consider your complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final response from us about your complaint. Worked being carried out on your behalf is covered by our Professional Indemnity Insurance, full details of which can be obtained at our offices.